I'm back! After completing doctorates, raising a kid, and moving out to sunny Los Angeles, it's time to get rolling again. Since June, I have been freelancing throughout LA and preparing for an upcoming trip to China! More to come.
* Mexico Part 1 was a huge success. I was in Mexico two weeks from August 25 to September 8 on a concert tour with flutist Wilfrido Terrazas performing a wide range of repertoire for flute and percussion from Scelsi to Harrison, including premieres by Mexican composers Ignacio Baca Lobera and Ivan Sparrow.
* The August 9th performance at The Stone at New York City was incredible! The performance featured percussion works of Paola Prestini, including a work I commissioned for multi-percussion called Walk Forward. I look forward to future collaborations with Paola!
* Zoie Marie Nawrocki, our daughter and first child, was born on October 24, 2009! I could go on and on about her, but instead will opt for a picture here.
* June 2009 - I am very happy to announce the launch of The Percussive Art of Storytelling outreach program, made possible through generous support provided by the Zakoura Family Foundation in collaboration with Reach Out Kansas, Inc. This program will bring classical and contemporary music to children and adults in under-served communities. More information coming soon, but for now, check out the storytelling project page.
* Con/un/drum winners announced! Click here for the details.
* April 2009, I was named to the Innovative Percussion Artist Roster.
* SI2 has been busy with concerts throughout Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, and Virginia. In September 2009, we gave our European concert debut in Chisinau, Moldova as part of of the Days of New Music Festival. We are busy commissiong new works in preparation for our first CD, to be released in 2011. Check out the SI2 page for more details.
* Summer 2009 - I was a fellow at the OMI international musician's residency in New York. Details can be found here.
* Februrary 2009 - I was named a 2009 Emerging Artist for the state of Kansas. Check that out here.